Master Tung’s Magic Points Beginning Series One
The complete Master Tung’s Magic Points Beginning Series, taught by Susan Johnson, is a three-workshop video series, designed to immerse practitioners in this profound system of acupuncture.
This is the first of those three workshops. Taught by Susan over Zoom in 2021, it was the first time she had taught the full Beginning Series in several years. This version of the series embodies the fullness of her experience, built up over the course of her entire career of nearly 40 years working with Master Tung's Magic Points.
Susan presents points from Master Tung’s system, including:
- Precise anatomical location
- Operative theory
- Point combinations
- Case studies
Crystal clear video clips demonstrate the precise point location and needling technique for points discussed in class.
Students learn unique and practical tools that will allow them to use the points immediately and effectively.
These online seminars are an exceptional opportunity to learn Master Tung’s points, fondly referred to as “magic” points. Some people dislike the word “magic” in reference to the points, but you might decide for yourself after trying out Master Tung’s Points.
The workshops are designed for both beginning and advanced students, and the points are appropriate for practitioners at every level. In the beginning stages of learning this point system, students find that it’s an invaluable recipe book—simple to learn, useful, and effective right away.
The complexities and deeper connections of the system become clear as practitioners study these points again and again. Susan continuously expands her own understanding of the points, and includes new information and case studies each time she teaches. These classes are very relevant for practitioners who want to review their techniques.
Together, all three workshops comprise the complete Master Tung’s Magic Points Beginning Series. Each can be purchased separately, or you can purchase the whole series as a bundle.
Spanning three weekends of instruction, this series is far more extensive than the one-weekend “Best Of Tung’s” or two-weekend “In-Depth” series that many of you may have already taken:
- A total of 33.5 CEUs (for NCCAOM & CAB)
- Get the most solid beginning foundation possible
- 40% more points than the two-weekend series
- Covers all the lesser-known, powerful points
Handouts will be provided; no books are required.
About Beginning One
Beginning One is divided into nine separate videos, comprising over ten hours of instruction in total. Each video has been carefully indexed to allow you to jump to the exact section you wish to access.
- History of Acupuncture in California, Dr.Lee and Legalization of Acupuncture
- Clinical Basics
- Starts Seven Operative Theories
- — (1) Opposite Side/Opposite End
- — (2) Dao Ma
- — (3) Active Qi Moving Technique
- — (4) Guiding Points
- — (5) Element Points
- — (6) I Qing Connection
- — (7) Bleeding
- Magic Square
- Locating Finger Points
- 11.01-11.05 Hernia Points
- Reaction Areas Intro
- 11.06 Return to the Nest
- 11.24 Gynecological Points
- Ah Shi points, point finding and palpation
- Needle lengths, expected distances, Miriam Lee’s Ten Great Needles
- The numbering system, different book translations
- 11.07 Finger Four Horses
- 11.08 Finger Five Gold/Finger Thousand Gold
- 11.09 Heart Knee
- 11.10 Wood Fire
- 11.11 Lung Heart
- 11.12 Two Corner Bright
- 11.13 Gallbladder
- 11.14 Finger Three Weights
- 11.15 Finger Kidney
- 11.16 Fire Knee
- 11.17 Wood Anger
- 11.18 Spleen Edema
- 11.19 Heart Normal
- 11.20 Wood Inflammation
- 11.21 Three Eyes
- 11.22 Recovery
- 11.23 Yellow Eye
- A.07 Night Blindness
- 11.25 Stop Spit
- 11.26 Control Dirt
- 11.27 Five Tigers
- Addendum Points
- 22.01-22.02 Double Child, Double Fairy, Cupping upper back/toxin areas
- A.05 Xiao Jie
- 22.03 Upper White
- Hand Golden Gate/Men Jin
- Divided White/Fen Bai
- A.06 Ci Bai/ Next White
- 22.04 Great White/Da Bai, 22.05 Spirit Bone/Ling Gu
- 22.06 Middle White/Zheng Bai, 22.07 Lower White/Xia Bai
- A.02 San Cha One - San Cha Yi
- A.03 San Cha Two - San Cha Er
- A.04 San Cha Three - San Cha San
- SI3- Back Ravine. Hou Xi, 22:08, 22:09 Wrist Prosperous 1&2 Wan Shan Yi/Er
- UB 65 Shu Gu Bone Association Point
- 22.10 Hand Release - Shou Jie
- 22.11 Earth Water - Tu Shui
- 33.01-33.03 This Door/This Corner/This Uprightness
- 33.04-33.07 Fire Threaded, Fire Mound, Fire Mountain, Fire Bowels Sea
- 33.04 Fire Threaded - Huo Chuan
- 33.05 Fire Mound - Huo Ling, 33.06 Fire Mountain - Huo Shan
- 33.07 Fire Bowels Sea - Huo Fu Hai
- 33.08 Arm Fire Gold- Shou Wei Jin, 33.09 Arm Thousand Gold - Shou Qian Jin
- 33.10 Intestine Gate-Chang Men, 33.11 Liver Gate - Gan Men
We are not able to offer refunds for our online courses.
Continuing Education Units and Certification
California Acupuncture Board (CAB)
Beginning Series One qualifies as a CAB Category 1 Course and provides 10.5 units of CAB continuing education credit. If you choose the CAB option, successful course completion includes a CAB completion certificate attesting to your completed CEUs.
Beginning Series One qualifies for 10.5 units of NCCAOM continuing education credit. If you choose the NCCAOM option, successful course completion includes an NCCAOM completion certificate attesting to your completed CEUs.
For those practitioners licensed by more than one of these bodies, the capacity exists to download certificates for more than one body (instructions are provided in the learning platform.)
General Attainment Certificate
Should you not be affiliated with the above certification boards, you will receive a general certificate of upon successful completion of the course.
One Year Course Access
Your course purchase provides you with one year of access time.
Instruction provided by Susan Johnson, L.Ac. CAB #2329
This course has been approved by NCCAOM, and the California Acupuncture Board (Provider Number 0005) for a total of 10.5 hours of PDAs/CEUs.