- This event has passed.
Ancient Art of Bleeding
April 16 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Susan joins Mayway for a live broadcast of the Ancient Art of Bleeding on April 16, 2023 from 9:00am-5:30pm PST.
This one-day course will explore The Ancient Art of Bleeding, a cross-cultural modality used from time immemorial, in ancient Egypt, India, the Middle East and all of Asia.
In Chinese medicine, bleeding is commonly referred to as: pricking bleeding, micro-puncture, triangular needling or simply, blood-letting.
This class is designed to explore:
- The origins of blood-letting
- Different styles and forms of bleeding
- Sterile technique and safety concerns
- A wide variety of points that are bled for common ailments
Goals & Objectives:
- Describe a brief history of blood-letting
- List seven primary functions attributed to blood-letting
- List four different methods of bleeding
- Describe five different implements of bleeding
- Demonstrate proper sterile technique
- Recite eight reasons not to bleed
Handouts will be provided; no books are required.
DATE & TIME
April 16, 2023 from 9am to 5:30pm PST
Continuing Education Credit
- This course is APPROVED for 7.5 continuing education credits from the California Acupuncture Board in Category 1. Provider #680
- This course is APPROVED for 7.5 PDAs from the NCCAOM in category AOM-BIO. Provider #683
Mayway will refund 80% of the course purchase price until March 16, 2023. No refunds after March 16, 2023.
The recorded course content will be provided to attendees approximately 7 days after the course. Return to this online course to access the recorded course information.
Continuing Education Certificate(s)
Certificates will be provided through the Mayway online learning system approximately 7 days after the live broadcast has ended. NCCAOM credit will be uploaded into the NCCAOM system within 2 weeks after the course has ended. Confirmation of NCCAOM credit will be provided to your email by the NCCAOM.