- This event has passed.
Ancient Art of Cupping
April 15 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Susan joins Mayway for a live broadcast of the Ancient Art of Cupping on April 15, 2023 from 9:00am-5:00pm PST.
This one-day course will explore clinical applications of cupping and the differentiation of cupping styles and suction techniques. Cupping can yield immediate results and Susan emphasizes the patterns she uses for various diagnosis due to their clinical usefulness through lecture, diagrams, and videos.
The ancient art of cupping is an extraordinary tool used by healers and lay people in many cultures. Cupping draws toxin buildup or muscle spasm out of the deeper tissues of the body, while simultaneously pulling in freshly oxygenated blood. In cases of blockage or stagnation, the proper use of cupping can reduce a patient’s healing time by weeks and even months.
In this course, Susan provides very detailed instruction in the many uses of cupping techniques, including when, where, how and why we use cupping, as well as printable versions of ten different cupping patterns and a color brochure for patients. View close-up digital video cupping demonstrations of many of the major joints with Susan’s live commentary, and learn how to radically transform your practice.
Handouts will be provided; no books are required. You will learn about:
- Introduction and History of Cupping
- Informing the Patient
- Avoiding Blisters
- Clinical applications of cupping
- Using cupping as a diagnostic tool
- Various styles of suction
- The meaning of shades of color on the skin
- How and why toxins build in muscles and joints
- Types of Cups and Cupping
- Bamboo Cupping
- Running Cups
- Expectations and Aftercare
- Pain Thresholds/Trauma History
- When to Avoid Cupping
- Cupping or Gwa Sha on Children, Elderly or Sensitive Patients
- Cupping Yourself
- Handouts with clear diagrams of specific cupping patterns
Continuing Education Credit
- This course is APPROVED for 7 continuing education credits from the California Acupuncture Board in Category 1. Provider #680
- This course is APPROVED for 7 PDAs from the NCCAOM in category AOM-BIO. Provider #683
Mayway will refund 80% of the course purchase price until March 15, 2023. No refunds after March 15, 2023.
The recorded course content will be provided to attendees approximately 7 days after the course. Return to this online course to access the recorded course information.
Continuing Education Certificate(s)
Certificates will be provided through the Mayway online learning system approximately 7 days after the live broadcast has ended. NCCAOM credit will be uploaded into the NCCAOM system within 2 weeks after the course has ended. Confirmation of NCCAOM credit will be provided to your email by the NCCAOM.
CAB CEUs: 7
NCCAOM CEUs: 7